An online tool such as a blog can bring many pedagogical advantages to the classroom. As blogging is a process of contributing and listening to the thoughts, views and experiences of others, many skills can be enhanced. Skills such as sharing (thoughts, concepts, experience or knowledge), analyzing others contributions by reflecting (critiquing, writing, questioning or reacting) upon or using processes to make sense of the information, reading, communication and even collaboration with peers, people, experts and students all around the world.
Since creating my own blog I have opened a new door to sharing and accessing information from different students in different campuses. I have been able to listen to the many different thoughts, views and experiences about the use of mobile phones in the classroom and readings from students in Mackay, Noosa and Rockhampton without even knowing them. I feel as though the 'not knowing students' part to be an advantage of online blogs. Being one who is quite hesitant to share thoughts in class myself, blogging can be a great way to put across ideas without feeling hesitant.
No comments:
Post a Comment