This was my first time ever exploring the wordle tool. I discovered, that it allows users to create word clouds by inputting a range of text which then creates a display. This display can be modified in a number of ways including, the change of colour, layout and font to make it more appealing to the user.
I found wordle to be an easy tool to use however, once the display had been created I had trouble trying to save and input it into my blog. After several tries at saving and even having to re-do my wordle as it had been lost, I decided to take a screenshot and input the image.
Wordle is also a tool which can be used in the classroom. Here are a few ways that I believe wordle can be used:
• Spelling lists – students can create a creative way of viewing their spelling words
• Reflecting – students can reflect on the key points of an experience
• Introducing new vocabulary – student can predict the meaning of words
• General display – to capture student interest
• Beginning of unit – student can brainstorm and contribute ideas about what they think they know about the topic and again create one at the end of the unit to compare their new knowledge

No comments:
Post a Comment