From my involvement with the course so far, I have come to see the importance of using digital technologies to improve both teaching and learning in the 21st century. Whilst taking part in this course, I have also come to realise the effects of the increased push for utilizing technology in the classroom has on those "Digital Immigrants". As technology is constantly evolving, digital immigrants will be required to spend loads of time trying to understand this new way of doing to be able to effectively support experiences. I have seen a great example of this during my prac visits at a local day care centre. I observed most of the digital immigrants struggle with this new technology and have to spend more time navigating and understanding different programs rather than thinking about how they would use it to support learning.
However, being a 'Digital Native', I have gained a further understanding of technology and e-tools that could be used to improve teaching and learning in the classroom. The skills and resources I have explored during the first two weeks has given me the opportunity to think more creatively and has also opened new possibilities for using technology that I was previously unaware of. As such, the group wiki space that I have been contributing to has allowed the group to share ideas about different concepts and understandings. This is a great resource for collaborating with others and building relationships as well as building knowledge based on the ideas of others. All of which I feel are key skills in being successful educators of the future.
Dear Haylee, I enjoyed the way you have broken down this task into Learning Theories. Thanks for sharing your perspective, it has helped me reach a deeper understanding. Look forward to more of your Blogs. Lorraine
ReplyDelete