After analysing Mark Prensky's 'Digital Natives and Immigrants' theory, as well as looking at a number of other theories analysed by my peers, I was able to build my knowledge and understanding of a range of theories without having to apply my higher-order thinking skills to analyse them myself.
I thoroughly enjoyed this activity, as I got to work alongside my peers to develop a PMI chart on our ideas of a theory. I thought this was a great way of building an improved understanding of a number of learning theories, in a short amount of time.
The scaffold of the PMI was an effective means of analysing theories as we were required to apply higher order thinking to interpret information and critically analyse it in terms of its advantages and disadvantages before re-stating the information. As all group members were required to use a PMI to analyse learning theories, we were able to compare our thinking and responses to theories as they were structured much the same.
Overall, I feel as though this was a great activity for building relationships and experiencing a number of e-learning tools such as wikis through collaboration. Using the PMI was an effective strategy for analysing the theory as it looked at the theory from a number of viewpoints
No comments:
Post a Comment