Wednesday, 27 July 2011

My Voki

As you can see, I have uploaded my Voki onto the side panel of my blog. Like many other tools which I have explored through this course so far, Voki's are another new ICT that I have not yet experienced. However, I have heard from others who have completed this course, how exciting and interesting they are. I created my Voki using www.voki.com. Whilst creating my Voki, I noticed a variety of selections to choose from. These included, hair colour, skin type, clothing and even lips and accessories. After experiencing this tool for myself, I feel as though it offers many possibilities for use and, will definitely be a tool which I will use in my own classroom in the future.

This tool could be used in the classroom as a way for students to explore, communicate and project themselves. When communicating through this tool, users have the choice of either using their own voice recording or the voice of a character by typing text in the comment box. I loved how this tool has been designed so that students can keep their identities confidential.

I can say that, I am one who does not enjoy the sound of my own voice being playing through media, and no doubt others may feel this too. Therefore when creating my Voki I decided to have another voice record my message. From a classroom perspective, this option would provide those students who may not be so confident in speaking or in operating videos, an opportunity to experience this type of ICT.

I also feel as though young children would love this device and would be motivated to participate in learning experiences. Students could also use this as a tool for developing language skills in both early and upper primary

No comments:

Post a Comment